Main St. Marketplace User Contributed Content PolicyLast Updated: 28-Oct-2020
The policies that follow apply to all submitted content including: Business Listings, Messages, Logos, Photos and Videos. Any content that does not meet these criteria may be rejected from publication on Main St. Marketplace.
Contributions to Main St. Marketplace should accurately represent the business in question. Any submissions that distort the truth or inaccurately represent the business will be rejected.
All submissions are manually reviewed prior to publication in order to ensure that all content complies with these policies. Submitted content that does not comply with these policies will be rejected.
Criteria Required For Inclusion in the Marketplace
Main St. Marketplace has a strict set of criteria that businesses must meet in order to be listed on the platform, including:
- BUSINESSES MUST BE BASED IN ROCKLAND COUNTY, NY.
- Businesses must meet the Small Business size requirements as defined by the SBA.
- Businesses must have an online presence, such as an official website or a social media profile, that is actively maintained and updated.
- Franchises, especially home-based business franchises (i.e. "MLM", "network marketing", "referral marketing", "direct sales", etc.) or those of multistate / national / global brands, may be rejected at our discretion.
- Agents, Distributors, Promoters, Representatives, Resellers and/or Subcontractors of third-party products or services, especially those of multistate / national / global brands, may be rejected at our discretion.
Submitted content should relate to the actual service and/or experience found at the specific location.
Main St. Marketplace is not a forum for general political / social commentary or personal diatribes. Content that does not meet this standard will be rejected.
We do not accept content that is illegal or depicts illegal activity. This includes:
- Images or any other content that infringes on anyone else’s legal rights, including copyright.
- Images or any other content that relates to illegal products, services or activities.
By submitting content for publication, you represent and warrant that you own, or have a legal license to use, all photos, videos, audio, text, artwork, graphics, designs, trademarks and other materials provided and have obtained all waivers, authorizations and other documentation that may be appropriate to evidence such ownership. By submitting content, you indemnify and hold us harmless from all losses and claims, including attorney's fees and legal expenses, which may result by reason of claims by third parties related to such material.
Sexually Explicit Content
We do not allow content that contains sexually explicit material.
We will reject all content that contains obscene, profane or offensive language or gestures.
Dangerous & Derogatory Content
Main St. Marketplace is a place for safe communications and information sharing. For this reason, we prohibit dangerous or derogatory content, including content that:
- Threatens or advocates for harm on oneself or others.
- Harasses, intimidates or bullies an individual or group of individuals.
- Incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.